Installing PrestaShop on your server is the first step to start selling online. But before it happens you need to do the initial configuration of the store, turn on a few plugins and integrations that will facilitate your sales and speed up our work. Setting up PrestaShop is not difficult, however it can be a bit time consuming. Here are the most important steps to follow before you start your journey with a PrestaShop based store.
Advantages of using PrestaShop
First, let’s take a look at some of the benefits that come with using PrestaShop.
You can provide your customers with a convenient delivery and payment options like Blik code or an online transfer. The solution is adjusted to foreign speakers and currencies, so you can also attract clients from abroad.
2. Possible integrations
You can easily integrate with the platform’s official partners, including PayPal, PayU or eBay. Thanks to the open code, you also have an option of integrating your store with courier companies, payment gateways or other external systems. And it’s only a quick click to do the job.
3. Numerous products
You can add up to several thousand products in various categories.
4. Additional marketing tools
PrestaShop allows you to manage your marketing campaigns, distribute discount codes, and promote loyalty or partner programs that can attract customers from hard-to-reach markets. It’s also a great tool to support your SEO, so by using professional WordPress SEO services, you can really boost up your traffic.
First steps with PrestaShop
- It is best to make any changes and maintenance work in a mode that is invisible to customers, but only to the system administrator. Thanks to this, not only customers will not see an unfinished e-shop, but also they will not accidentally buy goods at an incorrect, underestimated price which can be quite problematic.
- If you want to sell in various countries, add the appropriate languages and currencies. To do this, click on the “International” tab in the side menu, and then “Location”.
- If you decide to change your e-shop’s template, you can do it from the administration panel by buying a new template or creating it from scratch.
- Take care of the appropriate structure of categories and subcategories of products as well as their names and descriptions. They must be written in accordance with SEO principles, but at the same time remain friendly to the reader. You also can’t forget about keywords and headings in the descriptions. You can adjust these options by choosing a “Catalog” from the left menu, and then “Products” or “Categories” depending on what you want to change.
- It is worth choosing a payment operator that can be easily connected to the PrestaShop panel. Payment configuration can be done from the “Payments” module on the left side of the panel.
- PrestaShop allows you to add both carriers and delivery methods. All data can be set in the administration panel by selecting “Shipping” in the left menu and then “Carriers” or “Preferences”.
These steps will allow you to start with your PrestaShop, but remember that there’s still much more to deal with. It all depends on a market you want to target and your business requirements.