AMicrosoft certification is one of the most valuable and globally accepted credentials and demonstrates that holders possess industry-recognised expertise to solve today’s business issues. It validates individuals for their expertise in using Microsoft programs or apps to carry out business operations.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is Microsoft certification program wherein individuals have to pass a series of examinations and earn the respective Microsoft credential. Microsoft’s certification program has changed several times. It has now introduced new role-based certificates, targeting specific job roles.
Microsoft credentials are broken down into three tiers – Fundamentals, Associate, and Expert, also known as badges. The significant reasons for breaking down Microsoft credentials into different categories are:
- To make them easily accessible for both IT freshers and professionals
- Help individuals first to earn basic knowledge and then continue with the advanced skills
- Help employers hire professionals with the type of skills and expertise they require
- To assist IT professionals continue their profession with long-term goals
Levels Of Microsoft Certification Courses
Fundamental-level certifications validate individuals for their expertise in specific technical areas, such as databases, software development, security, and networking. There are no prerequisites to earning these courses. Individuals wishing to start their careers in technological domains can go with any three fundamental-level credentials:
- Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals
Microsoft 365 certification validates candidates for their foundational knowledge and expertise in using Microsoft 365. Microsoft 365 is a collection of Office 365, Enterprise Mobility and Security, and Windows 10.
- Microsoft Certified Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
It covers fundamental knowledge required to begin your profession as a Dynamics 365 professional.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
It covers all Azure’s core services, fundamental knowledge of cloud security, privacy, trust, and compliance.
Associate-level certificates are intended for working professionals, having some experience in a specific area. These certificates validate individuals for their expertise in developing cloud-based and on-site business solutions in any one of Microsoft’s platforms: Windows Client, Azure, SQL Server, Office, or Windows Server. Associate-level certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
It validates individuals for their expertise in implementing security controls, safeguarding an organisation’s data, managing identities and access levels, and protecting an organisation’s network from threats.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
It tests candidates’ knowledge of implementing, maintaining, and regulating Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Engineer Associate
It demonstrates a candidate’s expertise in creating, training, and deploying AI solutions using machine learning, knowledge mining, and cognitive services.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
It showcases individuals’ expertise in using Azure AI and machine learning tools to process big data and resolve business issues.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
It tests applicants’ knowledge of designing, developing, testing, and retaining cloud solutions.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications are intended for job profiles, like Marketing Functional Consultant Associate, Field Service Functional Consultant Associate, etc. Microsoft 365 credentials are designed for specific job roles, such as Messaging Administrator Associate, Security Administrator Associate, etc.
Expert-level certifications are the highest-level credentials. They demonstrate professionals’ knowledge of implementing cloud-based and physical business solutions across various Microsoft technologies. Professionals with expert-level certifications possess in-depth knowledge of different Microsoft platforms and can accept any business issue, offer an innovative solution, and develop it.
Some of the most coveted Microsoft’s expert-level certifications are:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
It validates individuals for their skills in designing, implementing, and delivering business strategies for monitoring, compliance, security controls, infrastructure, collaboration, code, etc.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
It tests individuals’ knowledge of planning, evaluating, migrating, deploying, and managing Microsoft 365 services.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
It demonstrates professionals’ skills in using the Azure platform to solve different types of business problems.
With the increasing demand for cloud computing skills, Microsoft has introduced all the above Azure role-based certifications that help candidates begin and advance their careers in the cloud domain.
Tips To Prepare For Certification Exam
- For newbies to become MCPs, Microsoft Learn helps them understand computing basics, providing free access to course material and code samples.
- You can opt for instructor-led training for any Microsoft course from a Microsoft certified learning partner, like Koenig Solutions. One of the most significant benefits of instructor-led training is you can communicate with an instructor and get your doubts solved within no time.
- Before appearing for any certification exam, you must practice numerous mock tests to identify your strengths and weaknesses. Once you recognise your imperfections, concentrate a lot on them to excel in the main exam.
Koenig Solutions is a prominent training provider in its domain and offers excellent training for more than 100 Microsoft online courses. With over 25 years of experience in the training industry, it is equipped with more than 1000 expert instructors from different countries.
Additionally, students can take advantage of hands-on labs for practising. With this centre’s top-notch Microsoft Certification, you can pursue any Microsoft credential quickly.