Not all betting sites are created equal. Odds differ from one bookie to another, different bonuses and promotions are put forward by each one, and it is only through performing a little research can you be sure to find the best online bookmakers out there.
So what should you look for in a good bookmaker site? Let’s take a deep dive and find out.
Regulated and Reputation
Ensure that any bookmaker site you find is regulated and has a good reputation. In Britain, the Gambling Commission regulates online bookies so ensure that you do your diligence to ensure this is the case. Sites that serve a British audience may also be based in Malta thanks to its more gambling and tax friendly regulations.
Check reviews to establish whether or not the site is worth your time. Use social media as well as your search engine of choice when looking at the reviews, and maybe check a few forum posts. Ensure that the site customer relations department is good as sooner or later you will have to talk to them to solve a dispute.
Odds and Markets
Ensure that you create a few accounts with different bookmakers. Not only will you be able to leverage the better offers and promotions, but you’ll also be able to leverage the best odds. Although odds don’t differ hugely, they do differ and you obviously want the best odds on each bet.
Also, ensure that the bookmaker offers a good range of markets and is focused on the sport you want to bet on. There are good bookmakers out there for every sport, so if your favourite is football for example, then find ones that are football focused.
Payment and Withdrawals
Any bookmaker worth its salt will have a range of payment options you can use, despite fairly recent legislation clamping down on some forms of payment.
Withdrawals should be fast with no fuss. Always check wagering requirements when leveraging an offer or promotion to avoid disappointing surprises.
The Best Online Bookmaker Sites in Britain Right Now
Now we’ve covered the basics, who are the best bookmaker sites in the UK right now:
- Bet 365 – Known for offering excellent live streaming for every registered client, Bet 365 is one of the best betting sites in the world. It has a great range of markets and sports, good competitive odds, full, partial, and auto cashout options, and much more.
- William Hill – Established in 1934 and now part of Caesars Entertainment group, William hill is a household name. It offers a good range of events and specialises in greyhound and horse racing. Outside of this it only really offers competitive odds and markets for big sporting events.
- Skybet – Without question Skybet is the best site for horse racing where it often offers enhanced odds. It has plenty of other great features such as RequestAbet and you can utilise special offers requested by other bettors. For the big events, it offers a great range of markets and enhanced odds are offered here too. One aspect that you may want to leverage is that their free bet offers do not have a time limit applied.
- Ladbrokes – One of the oldest bookmakers, Ladbrokes has a very easy to use site and detailed greyhound and horse statistics which if you’re a serious punter, you’ll need to make selections. Outside of horse racing, Ladbrokes covers 30 sports and markets such as politics and entertainment.
- Paddy Power – This site focuses primarily on horse and greyhound racing and features a great interface allowing you to check schedules, place bets, and follow the odds. Other sports are well catered to with a good range of markets although, on the more obscure games and matches, markets are limited.
- Coral – Coral is known for being secure and trustworthy. It uses Opta statistics and it has a good range of non-sporting betting markets. One feature you may want to check out is the prizes in the football and Racing Super Series.
- Betfred – This site has become known worldwide as it often sponsors major sporting events. It is known for offering very good odds, live and radio streaming, great customer service, offers for loyal customers, and it integrates Racing Post opinion. All in all, an excellent online bookie.
- Betfair – Although it is fair to say Betfair doesn’t have the range of markets that its competitors have, it does have both a betting exchange and a sportsbook even if they work from separate interfaces. Its perfect reputation has been forged in part by the generous welcome bonus which you want to discover for yourself.
With a great range of bookmakers available, it should be easy for you to find ones to get a good betting experience. Start with the ones above, and then broaden your horizons and see what you find. Good luck.